2012年11月27日星期二

“What were you drinking

“What were you drinking?” the detective asked Trixie.
She was wearing the pink shirt and sweatpants that Daniel had brought, plus his coat. He’d forgotten to bring hers back, even when he went home again. “Coke,” Trixie said. “With rum.”
“Were you using any drugs?”
She looked down at the table and shook her head.
“Trixie,” the detective said. “You’re going to have to speak up.”
“No,” she answered,Replica Designer Handbags.
“What happened next?”
Daniel listened to her describe a girl he didn’t know, one who lap-danced and played strip poker. Her voice flattened under the weight of her bad judgment. “After Zephyr went upstairs with Moss, I figured everyone was gone. I was going to go home, but I wanted to sit down for a minute, because I had a really bad headache. And it turned out Jason hadn’t left. He said he wanted to make sure I was all right. I started to cry.”
“Why?”
Her face contorted. “Because we broke up a couple of weeks ago.
And being that close to him again ... it hurt.”
Daniel’s head snapped up. “Broke up?”
Trixie turned at the same time the detective stopped the tape.
“Mr,fake uggs boots. Stone,” Bartholemew said, “I’m going to have to ask you to remain silent.” He nodded at Trixie to continue.
She let her gaze slide beneath the table. “We . .. we wound up kissing. I fell asleep for a little while, I guess, because when I woke up, we weren’t near the bathroom anymore ... we were on the carpet in the living room. I don’t remember how we got there. That was when he ... when he raped me.”
The last drink that Daniel had had was in 1991, the day before he convinced Laura that he was worth marrying. But before that,fake uggs online store, he’d had plenty of firsthand knowledge about the faulty reasoning and slurred decisions that swam at the bottom of a bottle. He’d had his share of mornings where he woke up in a house he could not recall arriving at. Trixie might not remember how she got into the living room, but Daniel could tell her exactly how it had happened.
Detective Bartholemew looked squarely at Trixie. “I know this is going to be difficult,” he said, “but I need you to tell me exactly what happened between you two. Like whether either of you removed any clothing. Or what parts of your body he touched. What you said to him and what he said to you. Things like that,replica louis vuitton handbags.”
Trixie fiddled with the zipper of Daniel’s battered leather jacket. “He tried to take off my shirt, but I didn’t want him to.
I told him that it was Zephyrs house and that I didn’t feel right fooling around there. He said I was breaking his heart. I felt bad after that, so I let him unhook my bra and touch me, you know. . .my breasts. He was kissing me the whole time, and that was the good part, the part I wanted, but then he put his hand down my pants. I tried to pull his hand away, but he was too strong.” Trixie swallowed. “He said, ‘Don’t tell me you don’t want this.’ “Daniel gripped the edge of the table so hard that he thought he would crack the plastic. He took a deep breath in through his mouth and held it. He thought of all the ways it would be possible to kill Jason Underhill.

没有评论:

发表评论